Saturday, February 21, 2009

Its official, I'm crazy!

Well, I think I can officially be classified as crazy. Not that it wasn't already apparent, but for anyone that was still wondering, this will, I'm sure, make up your mind for you. Yesterday, I was on facebook, and noticed that one of my friends changed her profile picture to the cutest little face ever. So I had to click it and see if there were more pictures. Long story short, her status update said something to the effect of she is looking to give her puppy to a family they know, and takers? Anyway, I decided to ask how big the puppy will get and if they are good with kids. To which she called me later in the day and we set up a time for them to come over so we could meet this little pup. Well, of course, after meeting the puppy, the kids were more than ecstatic to know we were even thinking about possibly getting a dog. We told them we would think about it over night and let them know in the morning.
Jefferson woke up last night at about 5:30am. After I fed him, I went to put him back down and there Tanner was, awake and ready to go for the day. Asking me if we were going to get the puppy. He'd even come up with a solution for the bedding for the dog, we could use the bassinet. I told him to go back to sleep. When the rest of the house was finally all awake at 7am, we decided we'd let them get the puppy. From that moment on, every five minutes Tanner was asking if we could call our friends and let them know. We told him normal people don't get up that early on a saturday and to wait until 8:30. Well, that time came and we got a phone call from our friends because they had another couple interested, but gave us first say and just needed to know because the other people had already called them. So, we told them we were game and we'd pick him up at 2pm. So our morning we busy getting stuff for this little guy and making sure he has all the comforts he needs. So far, he's been really good. They let us take a couple blankets that he's slept with up to this point so its something familiar. Oh, by the way, its a mini dachshund. We named him Charlie. I think the name was Tanners idea and everybody went for it. Of course, while he's sleeping, the kids can't leave his cage alone. They want him to play all the time. He's mostly already kennel trained. And I think he really does like his kennel. I don't know if its for the familiar blanket or for the fact that the kids can't get to him while he's in there. Anyway, these aren't the best pictures, but I have never claimed to be a professional photographer. I'm also posting some pictures of the kids playing. Tyler thinks its fun to take Jefferson and move him around pretending like he's moving himself. Well, the other day she had him laying on top of her. Jake also wanted a turn so I decided to snap a picture just to show how big Jefferson is in comparison.
Meet Charlie (Tanner wanted his middle name to be chocolate and we'd give him the last name factory, get it, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!)
Like I said, not the best pictures, but just to give you an idea. I'll hopefully get a few more with the kids in them as well.
Jake "holding" Jefferson. Notice the big boy underwear on Jake, I think we're on the other side of this diaper stage with him...or here's hoping we are!
Tyler loves her little brother!

5 comments:

The Tarin Family said...

OMGosh! He's so stinkin cute! And yeah, I think you are crazy! lol! But I guess you have kids that can actually take some responsibility. How cute though! How big will he get?
And does Jefferson weigh more than Jake? That picture is too funny! And the one with Tyer and Jefferson is so cute!
Congrats on the new addition! :o)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Its ok Camber. I joined the "what in the world was I thinking by wanting a dog more than my kids did" club about a month ago. The good news is if you werent already crazy with 4 kids then you are doing pretty well. He is so cute! Maybe we should get our dogs together for a play date. PS You will never have to sweep your kitchen again!

Anonymous said...

Cute puppy! And your family is growing! It's been a while. I'm glad you found us. Love the blog.

Missy said...

Super cute dog. We will have to come see him soon.