Monday, June 22, 2009

Look Who's Three!!

Jake holding up his three fingers. If you look closely, you can see how he holds his ring finger down, but puts his pinky up.

I can't believe three years ago, Jake came to our family! Tyson and I were talking this morning about the morning Jake was born. I was being induced, so we were just waiting for the phone call. We weren't sure when the call would come, as the schedule all depends on how busy their night is the night before. We got a phone call at 7am telling us they'd had a busy night and it would be a while before they could get me in. So, we just waited...actually, I decided to pass the time by mopping my floor and Tyson went to Wal Mart to get me some Trix, as that was the only that sounded good to eat. The crazy things pregnancy does! It was only an hour or so until they called and told us to come in, but at least I got to come home to a clean house. The kids had spent the night at my parents house.
Jake was my smallest baby, coming in at a very little 5lbs 9oz and 18in. He has maintained his small size and is still just little. He is only three pounds heavier than Jefferson who is two years younger than him!
He's such a sweet little guy. He's very quiet, yet has a lot to say when he chooses to speak. I think he's just decided that he doesn't want to fight for the attention Tanner and Tyler clearly demand. He'll say the most random, funny comments. Today, we spent the day at seven peaks to celebrate his birthday and both of our tubes were stolen by someone. In line to go down one of the slides, Jake told me, that wasn't very nice of somebody to steal our tube. When I find them, I will punch them! He's not a violent kid, but they way he says it is just so cute! As I sit here typing this, he is still up due to a late afternoon nap. He has a blanket on and is sitting next to me. He keeps putting the blanket on me because I'm cold. Or so he thinks I'm cold.
As I mentioned above, we spent the day at Seven Peaks, with Tyson and everyone but Jefferson, thank you Grandma Stauffer for watching Jefferson! Jake had so much fun going down the slides again and again and again! I couldn't believe it! We'd just barely get down the slide and he's say he wanted to do it again! Tanner and Tyler had fun on the slides as well, be wanted to spend more time in the wave pool and lazy river.

The life jacket didn't last long. I held him most of the time.





One tired little guy! He feel asleep not even two minutes after we got on the road home.
We headed back to Grandma's house to pick Jefferson up and have pizza and rootbeer for dinner, Jakes birthday request, even though he was asleep and didn't even eat it. He woke up just in time for Trufula Tree Cake and ice cream. What is Trufula Tree Cake? Well, Jakes favorite book is a book by Dr. Suess, The Lorax. He loves the trufula trees and around Tyler's birthday, mentioned he wanted a trufula tree cake. Ok, how do I pull that off? Well, I did my best, and while it didn't look like a professional cake, Jake loved it and didn't even want the cake, he just wanted the trufula tree.
Ok, I didn't realize how crazy Tyson's hair looks. It has a ton of sunscreen in it from Seven Peaks.



It was such a fun day! I'm so glad the weather decided to cooperate with us and actually show us that yes, the sun does exist still! I've got the nice sunburn to prove that.

2 comments:

The Tarin Family said...

Sorry I'm a brat of an aunt who didn't call on my nephews birthday to widh him a happy day! But looks like you were super busy anyway. Tell him we all say happy belated birthday!
I can't believe he's 3!! Crazy!!

Missy said...

Sound like you had a super fun day! I wish my girls were brave enough to have fun at a place like that. They won't even go down the slides at the gym. :)