Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Late Birthday/Father's Day


So, I'm a little late posting on Tyson's birthday. It was last Monday, June 15th. He turned 31 yrs. old. Not that anyone cares to know his age. But I can't believe that I've shared 9 years with him! It was on his birthday nine years ago, in the back office of the Hampton Inn, Sandy, he first told me, "I think I'm falling in love with you!" To which I replied, "When do you think you'll know?" That first birthday we spent together, I'd spent so much time thinking of the perfect gift to give him. We'd only been dating a month and a half, so I wasn't sure what to give him. But I knew he liked the ice cream cakes from Baskin Robins, so ordered him a small one and made him a fleece blanket with the hand stitching around the edge. We still have, and use that blanket to this day. Never mind the fact its currently hung over the window as "blinds" in the boys room.
This year, I tried to come up with the perfect gift again. I have this same struggle every single year. To back track just a little, a few months ago, Tyson mentioned the BYU's opening season game was being held against the Oklahoma Sooners in the new Dallas Cowboys stadium, and he knew the perfect gift to give me for my birthday! The game is the same weekend of my birthday. He was half joking. Fast forward a few months to me getting ready for his birthday this year, and I had the perfect birthday present for him! I wish I could have kept it a secret just to see the look on his face, but having to spend that kind of money on airline tickets, I had to make sure it fit with his work schedule. But he was happy still the same and couldn't wipe the smile off his face. This will be the first vacation, just the two of us, since his last birthday trip to a Boston Red Sox game, three years ago. Are you seeing a pattern here? I need a trip just about every three years. As long as I'm spending time with him, I don't care where we are. I know, pretty cheesy!
So, we got him two tickets to the BYU opening season game, Wii Active and a Wii sensor to enhance the movements. Happy Birthday Baby! I love you!

Now, today, Father's Day, sad to say, wasn't any better than any other day. In fact tonight, Tyson mentioned he was surprised that we didn't make him cookies or brownies. We woke him up with his gifts and had to rush to get ready for church, and I think that's what threw his whole day off. I just wanted to give tribute to the man my children call dad. What a fun dad they have. He works so hard to provide for them yet knows how to come home and rough house with them. Even Jefferson knows when dad gets home, its nothing but fun and games. But at the same time, he knows how to discipline and teach them important lessons to life that will hopefully sink in as we continue to repeat them. I'm so grateful my children have such a wonderful, hardworking, loving father. I don't think they could ask for anyone better!




Now I've realized while looking through all of my pictures, I need to take more pictures of Tyson and Jefferson! I need to take more pictures of all of them, period!

1 comments:

Nichole said...

Hi you, it was good to see you! Your kids are getting so big! My kids had a great time seeing your kids!
Hey, email me your email address so I can add you to my blog!