Monday, December 22, 2008

Where do they come up with these things!


Today, shortly after Tyler had arrived home from school, I received a phone call from the school. My first thought when I saw it pop up on caller ID was, oh great! Tanner is calling me sick! So, being the good mom that I am, I picked it up, braced for the request to pick my child up from school. It, however, was not Tanner, but Tyler's kindergarten teacher. Today, she had told the class that since tomorrow would be the last day of school for the year and they would be off track for the next three weeks on top of that (not looking forward to that one!), that they would have the fun job of taking shaving cream and washing the tables in the class room. To which Tyler quickly replied, I'm allergic to shaving cream, and my mom says if I touch it, I get really really sick. You can imagine my reaction when her teacher called to see if she was in deed allergic to shaving cream. For all those wondering, NO she is not. Tyler's way of dealing with something she doesn't like is to quickly add she's allergic to it. I hear it pretty close to daily, especially if we are trying something new for dinner. So I told her teacher this, and we came up with a solution to Tyler's problem of not wanting to touch the shaving cream. Anyway, I just thought it was funny that she would come up with an excuse, that isn't real, but she knows gets a reaction, rather than just saying, I don't like to touch that stuff, I'd rather do something else. Anyway, I'm putting this on my blog because I thought it was funny. And when I called Tyson to tell him, she started crying because she didn't want everyone to know about it. Does this make me a bad mom since I'm posting it where many more people will read about it? I just thought it was cute. Kids say the dardest things!!

3 comments:

tclybb said...

I think the less they know you talk about them the better off you'll all be. But I won't lie, I love to hear about your life. Your kids are so dang original.

Cori Henderson said...

So funny! I think its cute. What a clever kid!

Amber said...

That is funny, she is all girl.